Monday, July 6, 2009

Ahhhh...I forgot how relaxing Thai massage is...Some people aren't fond of all of the pushing and pulling, but I find it works amazingly well on my squeaky old joints. I especially enjoy the odd pretzel-like contortions I am bent in while the little lady pushes with her legs to stretch me even further than I ever thought I could. For a mere 300 Baht (less than $10), I am left with utter contentment.

It was especially nice today after the stress of driving a scooter all over the island over mostly paved roads with steep vertical inclines. Going up the mountains are fine, it's the downhill part that makes me grip even harder on the handle bars with my sweaty palms. All the while, I am praying that there isn't a car coming around the bend at the bottom.

Initially, I was not going to rent one. Partly because Kaiser doesn't offer services over here. But I have found that in order to check out all of the nooks and crannies of the island it is imperative. Like today I found a stunning little beach 10 minutes west of where I am staying while cruising around. Check out the birds I saw there with banana beaks.

Probably stay here for a few more days before heading off to Ko Tao, the dive island. I am not bored yet, and there is still waterfalls to see and snorkeling to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment