Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ko Tao

Made it to the next island Ko Tao. Although I was worried that I'd survive the rough sea and perpetual rain. While waiting to board the ferry I got drenched, literally. When I finally go on the "fast boat" I squeezed my hair and it was like I just got out of the shower. I found a seat luckily and said a prayer. Right after we left the dock the crew passed out barf bags because the sea was so rough. It was a puke fest, people all around me were barfing into little plastic bags for the entire hour and a half treacherous ride. It was so bad that even a big, strong guy in the seat in front of me squealed each time the boat almost (or at least felt like almost) tipped over. Whew! That's all I can say and thank God.

The place that I was going to go to was fully booked so I opted for a familiar Sensi Paradise Resort. Keva and I stayed here a couple of years ago and it is stunning, but also ridiculously expensive. I check out at 10 am and plan to try Ko Tao Resort again, if there is no room available I will return to Ko Phangan, weather permitting.

Everything everyone said is true, it's way too commercial here and expensive. Plus, it seems that everyone else had my same idea of coming to Ko Tao...the place is packed. Pray for sun:)

2 comments:

  1. So how many massages have you gotten so far? Glad to see your having a great time and pampering yourself a bit! Miss you here in SD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you almost did some snorkeling from the boat ride.GLad that you made it safely.Gee you are having a grueling life. It has to be stressfull on youto try to get in all the activities that you described.
    Have a more refreshing time for yourself.
    love ya M

    ReplyDelete