Friday, July 10, 2009

Lazy Daze

So I have one more night here on Ko Phangan so I must savor it. It has been utterly relaxing here, and I have developed a nice little routine. Wake up around 10 am (late by my San Diego standards) and go to the terrace and have breakfast. Return to my cozy AC room, skype some friends and gather my beach stuff. Take the motorbike on a 20 minute ride through the lush jungle to Mad Hao, a serene beach with fabulous coral. Next I snorkel for about an hour then lay on the beach reading. Later, I return to my hotel to refresh myself by diving into the chilly pool. Then it's time to shower and meet some of my local friends at the Lost Dog for a cocktail. Finally it is dinner time! So many delicious foods here, but I am particularly fond of the pad thai. And then I retire for the night and wake up to do it all over again.

Tomorrow I take the ferry to Ko Tao, the diving mecca of the world. Hopefully I retain my luck of meeting some good people to share my lazy days with there as well.

1 comment: